- Public Works
- Fleet Maintenance Division
Fleet Maintenance Division
The Fleet Maintenance Division is responsible for maintaining safe, reliable vehicles and equipment for all Village of Los Lunas Departments in the most cost-efficient way without sacrificing the safety of the operator or public.
- Services include oil changes, transmission service, tire replacement/ repair, tire rotation and balance, tune-ups, state inspections, major/ minor engine repairs, and emergency towing. Staff personnel also maintain the heavy truck fleet utilized in the collection and disposal of refuse by the Solid Waste Division. Additional services include hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and welding repairs.
- Fleet Maintenance personnel maintain ASE certification in various heavy truck and automotive repair programs. This certification ensures the automotive technicians are qualified and trained to provide the highest possible level of vehicle and equipment repairs while ensuring that the various departments’ needs are met with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism.
Vehicle Management Software
- AssetWorks Software is used in tracking vehicle and equipment information regarding preventive maintenance scheduling, repair orders, fuel tracking, inventory control, and tire tracking. This allows Fleet Maintenance personnel to effectively and efficiently allocate resources and schedule work orders for the various departments.
- Fuel Focus allows authorized users to access fuel, tracking every fueling transaction and restricting vehicles to the type of fuel and quantities they need. It provides each department with the security, accountability, and control that’s required for unattended fueling operation.