The Street Division is responsible to maintain 52 miles of paved roads and eight (8) miles of gravel roads and 156 acres of storm water retention ponds
within the Village limits; in addition, to support other departments in the construction and maintenance of parking facilities.
Division goals include:
- Maintain streets in a safe state of repair within available funding.
- Continually repair reported pot-holes and sidewalks within a 24-hour period.
- Upgrade Street and traffic control signs within the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
- Assist in all types of community emergencies within division available resources.
- Maintain street landscapes and trees with water conservation and tree arborist methods. Maintenance costs are reduced and the existence of a community’s natural environment is improved.
- Sweep all Village owned street to maintain proper water storm drainage; use GPS tracking to verify and maintain balanced neighborhood sweeping services which improve the aesthetics of the community by eliminating blown dirt and trash; and to support the Village of Los Lunas “Quality of Life “campaign