The Los Lunas Police Department is a progressive, proactive, full service public safety organization providing 24/7, 365 day police services to the community. We also provide radio telecommunications support for local and county police, fire and medical services within Valencia County.
The mission of the Los Lunas Police Department is building relationships, solving problems, and making a difference.
The Los Lunas Police Department:
- Public safety through the protection of life and property is our highest priority.
- Will respect and protect the rights and dignity of all persons and conduct citizen contacts with integrity, respect and fairness.
- Will strive for excellence in its delivery of police services and will utilize training, technology and innovation to achieve that goal.
- Recognizes its interdependent relationship with the community it serves and will remain sensitive to the community’s priorities and needs.
- Will faithfully enforce municipal, state & federal laws impartially throughout the community.
- Will faithfully enforce the State of New Mexico and the U.S, Constitutions.
- Recognizes the individual worth of each of its members and other co-workers.
The Los Lunas Police Department has adopted a community policing philosophy throughout the Village, building a stronger partnership with its customers to better respond to the needs of the community. Officers are encouraged to get to know the customers residing in their assigned neighborhoods and business areas to discuss problems and solutions together.
*Does not work with Microsoft Internet Explorer