Village of Los Lunas Transfer Station
Village of Los Lunas residents which pay for utility (water, sewer and solid waste) services have additional access to dump various solid waste materials at the transfer station.
Note: A Valid NM Driver License, in addition, to a current Village Los Lunas Water Bill must be presented at the time of discarding items - no copies and the driver license must have the same address.
Address: located at 7480 Main Street two (2) miles West of Interstate 25 on NM HWY 6.
Note: Please check Village home page for holiday and/or schedule changes.
No Commercial Solid Waste Deliveries Permitted
Days and hours of operation will be pending on the following:
Employee schedules, inspection, severe weather, special projects, safety training and equipment repairs. Please call for appointments at (505) 325-7699. Village Residents shall call in advance to schedule a day of delivery at the Transfer Station.
Operation hours various Monday thru Friday; closed weekends and all holidays. However, the following weekdays and times the Transfer Station is open:
- Tuesday thru Thursday 8:00 A.M. to10:30 A.M. and 1:30 P.M. to 2:30 P.M. (Village Residents Only)
- Monday thru Friday 8:00 A.M. to10:30 A.M. and 1:30 P.M. to 2:30 P.M. (Village Residents Only)
Transfer Station Rules
- No commercial haulers.
- No hazardous waste.
- No commercial truck tires or tractor tires.
- No commercial liquid containers that have products still inside.
- No containers without labels.
- No electrical ballast with polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB).
- No electrical ballast without manufacturing labels (mfg.).
- No florescent tubes or asbestos products of any kind!
- At NO time will any of our operators be allowed to unload trucks with our backhoe or any of the equipment on-site.
- At NO time do operators receive money from Village Residents!
- We do ask that ALL loads must be separated: metal, branches, house hold trash, etc...
White Goods: Refrigerators, washers, dryers, freezers, water heaters, microwaves etc.… All appliances must be empty prior to dropping off.
- We accept all metals.
- TVs (TVs must have a receipt from the Village of Los Lunas Utility Division.)
- Electronics and computers.
- Yard cleanings such as weeds, vines, tree trimmings, grass clippings etc.
- Note: Loads will be refused if there is an excessive amount of dirt.
- Tree trimmings, tree branches, tree trunks.
- Note: No larger the 10’’ inch in diameter. NO STUMPS of any kind.
- Paints that are old and dried out can be place in blue trash receptacles.
- If it is still in liquid form, it will be received at Transfer Station for proper handling and storage.
- Will accept 5 gallons per year per costumer.
Used oil: 5 gal clean no water or fuel mixed (10 gallons per calendar year).
Car batteries: unlimited per household.
Chemicals: bug spray; weed control etc. (household quantities only).
Old furniture: couches, tables, chairs, end tables and mattresses.
Recyclables will be accepted at the Transfer Station or at our voluntary Recycling Center drop off located at 197 Don Pasqual just North of the Fred Luna Multigenerational Center.
Recyclables collected at our Transfer Station:
Building materials, lumber, roofing shingles and plywood, drywall, plaster or stucco, blocks, bricks, tile, rocks, concert, asphalt or dirt loads. No rail road ties or telephone posts.
Note: In addition, they take household garbage and appliances.
Contact Information: Valencia County Transfer Station (Conejos) (505) 565-2256 located on Manzano Expressway.
Additional Landfill located in Valencia County:
- Waste Mgmt. Landfill – (505) 917-6232, is located 15.6 miles West on NM State Rd 6 from I-25. They receive all loads including stumps and dirt.
Jason MarquezTransfer Station OperatorPhone: (505) 352-7699
Joshua ChavezRecycle Operator
Arturo RomeroAssistant Solid Waste Supervisor
Michael JaramilloPublic Works Director
Los Lunas Transfer StationPhysical Address
7480 Main St NW
Los Lunas, NM 87031
P.O. Box 1209
Los Lunas, NM 87031
Phone: (505) 352-7699